Saturday, January 16, 2010

Explain Yourself.. Well a Little

So here is a Lolita meme that I wanted to share with you. Pass it along and let the world know who you are!

COLORS

What colors can be found in your Lolita closet?
Lots of black and white. Some red, pink, and light blue.

What is your favorite color with Lolita?
I wear a lot of black but I tend to love bright color dresses

What is your least favorite color in Lolita?
Yellow. I don't know it makes me go blah.

Which uncommon color do you want to try out?
I want more blues and I like to try a full pink dress

DESIGN
Are you more a Onepiece, Jumperskirt or a Skirt person?
Mostly one-piece. I don't have enough pieces to make full outfits, so a dress is simple.

Which cut do you like the best?
Square necklines.

Print or no Print?
I like both. Depends on the dress and the print. Plus I don't shop many name brands so there isn't many cute off brand prints

How does a dress/skirt have to look like that it will be a "must have" item for you?
Well I'm just starting to get more Lolita clothes so something diffrent that I don't have yet. I want to try everything I can

STYLES
What is your favourite style in Lolita?
I wear a lot of classic and Gothic lolita but I love sweet lolitas

Which style do you wear regularly?
Classis or Gothic

Which style you want to try out?
Sweet. I only have one dress but love it. I want more

Which style you never want to try out/wear again?
I'm not sure yet.

BRANDS

Brands yes or no and why?
No, I can't afford them. I also work real hard for my money and want to stretch it. There are some good off brands out there and I think the idea of "having" to only buy brands is silly. Don't get me wrong there are brand name dress I really want and someday I hope to get some but not my whole closet.

Which brand is your favorite?
Victorian Maiden, Putumayo, and h. Naoto

Which is your least favorite brand?
Alter boyz

Ever had a good/bad experience with brand?
I have yet to by from a name brand seller.

Will this experience encourage/stop you from buying brand?
Look above

OTHER
Did you ever got surprised by a piece of Lolita?
When i first started getting in to Lolita I was so excited about blouses with sleeves the can come off. How versatile!

Did you ever got disappointed by a piece of Lolita?
A lot the the pieces I love aren't great for winter and I hate being cold.

Things that you like about Lolita?
Oh my, many things. I love the variety and uniqueness. I love that there isn't just one type of Lolita. And I love the way it makes me all giddy inside. I've never been that big into fashion till I found Lolita. I feel like a happy child again.

Things that you dislike on Lolita?
I don't like that the community seems to set standards. We should all do what we like. The community is so small everyone should be accepted for who they are

Do you have a Lolita fashion idol, if 'yes' who is it?
I'll be honest I don't know many Lolita icons. Like I said I'm still a baby in this fashion(2 years), so I'm not completely educated, but I do admit I look up to Victoria from the blog Lolita Charm http://lolita-charm.blogspot.com/.

Does Lolita affect your every day life?
Yes and no. I don't wear Lolita all the time, I like other fashions as well(visual kei is my other obsession). I do notice that I do think about it a lot and try ti incorporate it into my work clothing

Do you buy Lolita related things, like cute looking furniture?
Yea, I got some boxes and clocks that make me think Lolita.

Do you read/buy the Gothic Lolita Bible?
Yes. I have every English copy and I am starting to collect the Japanese ones.

How to you describe your fashion style to others that don´t know about Lolita?
It's a fashion that captures everything about youth and being a girl. It routed in fantasy and believes in happily ever after

Is there something you want to say to your fellow Lolitas?
Don't ever keep it in the box. Try new things cause you might love it. And even though you love Lolita you don't have to define Lolita. It's what you make of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment